We’re looking for a compassionate and determined thinker to join our team full-time as a Finance Manager. This role is a great fit for someone who can calmly manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, creative environment. This person will report directly and work alongside the studio’s partners.
• Work with the production and sales teams to ensure accurate and timely client invoicing and vendor payments, including NET payment terms for select partners.
• Manage pricing for collections, collaborations, custom projects, and bulk orders using complex spreadsheets and formulas to ensure the studio is hitting minimum margins at all times.
• Maintain financial records and create monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for internal review.
• Prepare and file sales tax payments in relevant states.
• Reconcile bank accounts, receipts, and credit card statements.
• Work with our external CPA firm on tax filings.
• Manage payroll, commission and bonus payments, payroll tax records, employee benefits, 401k contributions, and workers' compensation audits.
• 3-5 years of experience in bookkeeping or accouting for lighting, furniture, or high-end retail
• This is an opportunity for someone who wants to make an impact. You’ll be part of a company within its first five years and influence how it grows.
• A genuinely empathetic group. We have a non-negotiable no jerks policy. Being nice is free.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done
• Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
• Self-motivated, with excellent time management and the ability to manage and motivate external partners
• Ability to work under pressure amid competing demands
• Able to learn new skills quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Must like dogs :)
Studio + Compensation
• This is a full-time position based in Gowanus, Brooklyn.
• Studio hours are Monday - Friday from 9 am to 6 pm
• 60-85k/annual salary based on experience
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, including 100% monthly premium coverage options for Employees of the studio.
• Generous PTO policy, 401k plan with match, ancillary benefits, and Profit Sharing Plan
How to Apply
Send resume to email@example.com. In your email, please describe your interest in the position, why you are a good fit for the studio, and what unique perspective you bring.
Due to the level of responses we receive, we will not follow up with all applicants directly, but if we feel you are a good fit, we will follow up with qualified candidates within five days. Thank you for your application!