We're looking for a self-starter with dynamic interests to join our team full-time as a Design Assistant. This person will work alongside our Design Manager and with the studio's co-founders/ creative directors.
We train our team to prepare them to do their best work. We ask that you provide your own nearly-obsessive love of detail, communication skills, curiosity, efficiency, and kindness.
• Create 3D models and drawings of components and assemblies for both existing product development and new products using Fusion 360, Rhino, Illustrator, and InDesign.
• Create detailed shop drawings and specification packages for prototyping, fabrication, and certification
• Create physical mockups of fixtures and components by 3D printing parts, printing full scale drawings, and using mixed media such as paper, fabric, metal, wood, sculpy, etc for design intent review and development.
• Review and approve vendor drawings and 3D models to release for prototyping, sampling and ultimately production.
• Receive all samples keeping an updated schedule. Test, review samples when received. Update models and vendors on any and all changes.
• Create and update Tear Sheets, Assembly Guides, and Product Modification Guides using Fusion, Rhino, Illustrstor and InDesign
• Work with external partners to create additional CAD files needed by the sales team. For example, Revit families
• Work with external partners to have fixtures meet compliance requirements including UL, CE, ADA, IP, etc.
• Degree in product, furniture, lighting, industrial design, or interior design, or equivalent
• Strong portfolio showing design sensibility, product design and development, custom or commissioned work, and presentation skills
• Minimum of 2 years CAD Design experience, preferably Fusion 360
• Near-obsessive attention to detail
• Great interpersonal skills that are both efficient and empathetic
• Ability to prioritize time effectively, and ask for guidance when you need it
• Current and curious about design trends
• Appreciation for collaborating across disciplines
• Ability to create realistic renderings in Keyshot preferred but not required
• This is an opportunity for someone who wants to make an impact. You’ll be part of a company within its first five years and influence how it grows.
• Mentorship is built into the gig. We keep our operation tight because we believe small teams learn from each other and make better things.
• Dynamic exposure - to both clients, designers, and creative partners at the absolute top of their game.
• A genuinely empathetic group. We have a non-negotiable no jerks policy. Being nice is free.
Studio + Compensation
• This is a full-time position based in Gowanus, Brooklyn.
• Studio hours are Monday - Friday from 9 am to 6 pm
• 55-65k/annual salary based on experience
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, including 100% monthly premium coverage options for Employees of the studio.
• Generous PTO policy, 401k plan with match, ancillary benefits, and Profit Sharing Plan
How to Apply
Send resume to email@example.com. In your email, please describe your interest in the position, why you are a good fit for the studio, and what unique perspective you bring.
Due to the level of responses we receive, we will not follow up with all applicants directly, but if we feel you are a good fit, we will follow up with qualified candidates within five days. Thank you for your application!