Pre- Production Assistant
We’re looking for a full-time Pre- Production Assistant. This role is great fit for someone who is extremely organized and detail oriented. This person will report directly to and work alongside the studio’s Director of Production.
• Prepare and package fixture components for new purchase orders
• Receive & QC inventory and returns. Repair, part-out, or discard defective products and parts.
• Assist Director of Production with inventory management at our workshop, offsite storage, and database
• Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment/tools according to established procedure
• Maintain stock of components and packaging components, and order new inventory from vendors as needed.
• Assemble and maintain stock of sub-assemblies.
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple deadlines
• Experience with wiring, electrical work, or furniture building is a plus
• Experience and comfort with hand tools
• Able to learn new skills quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to regularly lift and move up to 25 to 50 pounds multiple times a day
• Have hand dexterity
• Ability to stand 90% of each workday while performing job duties and responsibilities
• Must like dogs :)
Studio + Compensation
• This is a full-time position based in Gowanus, Brooklyn.
• Studio hours are Monday - Friday from 9 am to 6 pm
• 50-60k/annual salary based on experience
• Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, including 100% monthly premium coverage options for Employees of the studio.
• PTO + 401k plan
How to Apply
If you love design and making with your hands, this might be your thing. Email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your favorite thing to cook. Bonus points if you send a pic.
Due to the level of responses we receive, we will not follow up with all applicants directly, but if we feel you are a good fit, we will follow up with qualified candidates within five days. Thank you for your application!