In Common With is a Brooklyn-based design studio. For the most part, we make lights. We’re growing our team to keep pace with our growing business. We’re looking for a full-time production assistant to help assemble both standard and custom fixtures. This person will work alongside our production manager.
We train our team to prepare them to do their best work, so prior production experience is a plus, but not required. We ask that you provide your own nearly-obsessive love of detail, communication skills, curiosity, efficiency, and kindness.
• Pull fixture components for customer orders from our hyper-organized studio
• Assemble, wire, and test standard and custom light fixtures. You will develop strong capabilities for this by learning our processes and systems from us directly.
• Follow detailed assembly instructions, processes and procedures
Package and ship orders with unreasonable care:
• Prepare and package orders for domestic and international shipments. Perfectionist preferred :)
• Assist our production manager in inventory management and replenish from off-site storage
• Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment/tools according to established procedure
• Spotting and helping implement process improvements to help everyone work better
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple deadlines
• Experience with wiring, electrical work, or furniture building is a plus, but not required
• Experience and comfort with hand, and power tools
• Able to learn new skills quickly in a fast paced environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 to 50 pounds multiple times a day
• Hand dexterity and extremely fine motor skills (imagine building a tiny model airplane or playing video games)
• Ability to stand 90% of each work day while performing job duties and responsibilities
Some less-quantitative points:
• This is a job for someone who wants to make an impact. You’ll join a company within its first five years and directly influence how it grows.
• Dynamic exposure - to both clients, designers, and creative partners at the absolute top of their game.
• A person-first group - our mission is to create a system for manifesting ideas and protect our skill, creativity, and energy.
• A genuinely empathetic group. We have a non-negotiable no jerks policy. Being nice is free.
• Must love dogs :)
• This is a full-time position based in our Gowanus, Brooklyn studio.
• Start date: end of May
How to apply:
If you love design and making with your hands, this might be your thing. Email a resume to email@example.com . Application deadline: Monday, April 26th.