We’re looking for a production intern to work with our production team to organize inventory data and create production resources. This person will report directly to our Director of Production and gain a well-rounded understanding of product resources in the lighting design industry and how to best organize complex information.
• Create 3D models, drawings of components and sub-assemblies, and format documents used for production.
• Create and update data across various databases and spreadheets used for inventory and production.
• Assist with general organization tasks in the production studio.
• Recent graduate or working towards a degree in product, furniture, lighting, industrial design, interior design, or equivalent
• Minimum of two years CAD Design experience in Rhino and Fusion 360
• Experience with Adobe InDesign, Google Sheets and Excel
• Near-obsessive attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills that are both efficient and empathetic
• Ability to prioritize time effectively and ask for guidance when you need it
• A genuinely empathetic group. We have a non-negotiable no jerks policy. Being nice is free.
Studio + Compensation
• This is a temporary position based in Gowanus, Brooklyn.
• 30-40 hours/ week. Our studio hours are Monday - Friday from 9 am to 6 pm
• $20/ hour
How to apply
Send resume to email@example.com. In your email, please describe your interest in the position, why you are a good fit for the studio, and tell us who your favorite designer is and why.
Due to the level of responses we receive, we will not follow up with all applicants directly, but if we feel you are a good fit, we will follow up with qualified candidates within five days. Thank you for your application!