Shipping / Receiving Coordinator
We’re looking for a self-starter with dynamic interests to join our team full-time as a Shipping / Receiving Coordinator. This person will report directly to and work alongside the studio’s Director of Operations.
We’re proud to foster a studio environment where everyone brings valuable skills, experiences, and ideas to the collective conversation. We provide training to ensure our team members have the tools and knowledge they need to do their best work. We ask that you supply your own near-obsessive love of detail, top-notch communication skills, curiosity, efficiency, and kindness.
• Receive all incoming shipments to the studio, warehouse, and showroom, from vendors, clients, partners, etc.
• Maintain an organized schedule of incoming shipments, including local deliveries, palletized deliveries, and container shipments.
• Regularly and consistently communicate incoming shipments to all impacted teams.
• Work with shipping partners and drivers to ensure all shipments are successfully received.
• Partner with the Procurement team to ensure inventory is received for on-time order fulfillment.
• Unpack, QC, and stock components when received.
Audit BOLs / PLs against the received material and report findings to the assigned Procurement Associate.
• Allocate received items and components to scheduled client orders, monitoring and communicating potential delays with urgency.
• Communicate with the Director of Operations and the Production Lead when additional help is needed to receive shipments.
• Execute quality control protocol to ensure all components are up to standard.
• Implement QC review process with the Director of Operations and Procurement team.
• Review items in each shipment, create a report, and send it to the assigned Procurement Associate and Director of Operations.
• Bulk QC items when necessary, and communicate with the Director of Operations and Production Lead if additional assistance is needed.
• Pack and send POs to vendors as directed by the Procurement team.
• Assist the Production Team with order packing, particularly on large outgoing shipments that require palletizing and crating.
• Consistently and regularly review shipment schedules with the Production Lead.
• Manage essential documents related to shipping, such as ASNs, BOLs, and CIs.
Studio Organization / Inventory (30%):
• Manage and enforce studio safety with daily organization.
• Ensure all inventory is properly unpacked and stored correctly
• Organize waste removal (ex., Cardboard boxes, pallets, metal recycling, e-waste, etc.)
• Maintain warehouse cleanliness and organization and assist with space allocation planning for incoming shipments
• Execute inventory transfers and accurately record movements in internal systems.
• Assist with inventory counts as needed.
• Monitor low-stock inventory on a daily basis and report findings to assigned Procurement Associate.
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Extreme attention to detail
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, creative work environment
• Experience and comfort with hand and power tools
• Ability to learn new skills quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 to 50 pounds multiple times a day
• Hand dexterity
• Ability to stand 90% of each work day while performing job duties and responsibilities
• Must have valid US driver's license
• Friendly and personable :)
Studio + Compensation
• This is a full-time position based in Gowanus, Brooklyn.
• Studio hours are Monday - Friday from 9 am to 6 pm
• 50-60k/annual salary based on experience
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, including 100% monthly premium coverage options for Employees of the studio
• Generous PTO policy, 401k plan with match, ancillary benefits, and Profit Sharing Plan
How to Apply
If you love design and making with your hands, this might be your thing. Email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please describe your interest in the position, why you are a good fit for the studio, and what unique perspective you bring.
Due to the level of responses we receive, we will not follow up with all applicants directly, but if we feel you are a good fit, we will follow up with qualified candidates within five days. Thank you for your application!